Monday 1 February 2010

Sony Vaio VGN-AW21XY Laptop Dies and Comes back to live

Yesterday my Sony  suddenly took a nose dive in to the laptop grave, I have only had about 10 months so was less than impressed.  The stupid thing just died, power failed and every time I tried to power it back up it would just power off again a few seconds later.  If I left it for an hour it would last a couple of minutes before powering off so I assumed it was something to do with the battery or charger.  Tried running it with no battery, same result, tried running it just on battery, same result.


So I called Sony and was on the phone for less than 5 minutes, they suggested doing a static discharge, they arranged to call me the next day to see if this had resolved the issue and if not arrange for the laptop to be collected the day after.  So I performed a static discharge, which involved disconnecting the power and battery and then holding the power button for 30 seconds.  I switched my laptop back on and watched as it dragged its sorry little ass out of the laptop grave and stayed powered, result!!!  Big thumbs up to Sony support, never even heard of performing a static discharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment