Tuesday 1 February 2011

Rome blog

So I have decided to blog my experience in Rome, i decided this when I saw the colosseum and thought I don't want to forget this. Right so I flew from Cyprus on Czech airlines to prague and then on to Rome. It was an epic journey with a 5 hour stop in prague airport but the cost of the flight more than compensated for the journey. The whole trip, including flights and hotel cost me £350. I am staying in hotel casa santa about 1km from Bologna Metro station. The hotel is very reasonable, not the best hotel i have ever stayed in but for the price more than ok. The hotel includes a breakfast of pastries, rolls, meats, cheeses and coffee. Wifi is available in the hotel for a charge of €6 per 24 hour period.

So i have arrived in the hotel at about 5pm and promptly showered and went exploring. Exploring for a pub, oh dear, Rome has an abudance of cafe bars, these are anything from a shop that also serves drinks to restraurants. But none are pubs, it took me an hour to find a pub in the form of an Irish bar. Nice little place, bar staff didn't speak much english but they served pints and the burger I had in there was something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment