Monday 18 January 2010

Wireless Wake On LAN (WWOL)


Having just started using XBMC remote on my ipod touch I wanted to use the wake on LAN feature. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW21XY that uses an Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN wireless chipset, it spends a lot of time plugged in to my TV. It was relatively straight forward to set up WWOL, I went to the properties for the network device in device manager and under Power Management enabled "Allow this device to wake the computer". I then put the MAC address in to the setting on XBMC remote, disabled require password on wakeup in windows and then rebooted.


Now starting XBMC remote on the ipod wakes the laptop up and as long as XBMC is running I have full control.

2 comments:

  1. Hola me puedes decir la version del driver que has utilizado??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Can you say me the driver's verson that you've used? Because I have the same chipset with the newest version, but I don't have these options.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete